2023: Together, We Made It Count
We won’t know the impact of 2023 until it’s fully in the rearview mirror. But the great thing about being in the brand business is that no matter what challenges a year brings, you can count on spending most of it doing positive, creative work.
Our 3-pronged “be human, be awesome, make big happen” credo served us (and, hopefully, you) well. And, by the numbers, many FINE things happened in 2023 as we:
- launched 817 new projects (big n' small)
- hired 11 great new people
- welcomed 23 new clients
- completed 29 years in business
- held 1 kinda bougie retreat
- Slacked 564,202 times and counting (2+ a day were dedicated to "praise and accolades").
What did that add up to? We won’t recap it all, but the “rule of threes” works nicely for a year when three themes came up enough to merit an insight article. Plus, three big projects perfectly demonstrated each:
Building B2B Brand Synergy in an M&A World. It all came together for a wave of clients who’d grown and acquired incredible B2B capabilities and needed to bring the guiding vision front and center:
- Launched Mercalis’ end-to-end vision
- Transformed the transformative Levata brand
- Evolved SIAA into the dream Agency Alliance
Thinking Past Transactions to Build Brand Traction. A roster of integrated marketing clients honed systems for marketing that struck the elusive balance between short-term revenue and long-term equity:
- Won hearts and awards with Canyon Ranch social media
- Poured commerce into the Darioush Winery online experience
- Elevated awareness for new Brasada Ranch Cascade Bungalows
Activating Brand Integrity from the Inside Out. Another step forward launching visionary brands that put people and their experience at the forefront, starting with those who make and keep the promise:
- Branded the Boundless at Marble Canyon and Terra Vi
- Made Silverado Resort a Napa Valley playground
- Galvanized the future of Mare Island
We also advanced our own big ideas, core tools, and special moves all year long. Three examples:
- Registered our agency's Brand-Led Business Building (BLBB) trademark, dressed it up and took it on the road
- Launched the next version of our open source CMS: Fae 2.0
- Broke new Negroni Week records, made lamas our valentines, and planned a repeat Gifts for Good performance…okay, this one’s turning into more of an “all of the above”.
We could go on (and we will next year). But having glanced in the rearview, above all it’s time to say thank you to all FINE friends–clients, staff, and everyone in between–and look ahead to sharing the positive year ahead.