Technical Product Manager (Portland, OR)
We’re a brand and digital agency with a 25-year history of great work. Our clients are top-notch brands in wine and spirits, hospitality, architecture, engineering, finance, and more. We need your deep digital expertise and technical project management know-how to keep us humming better than ever.
You’ve spearheaded successful development initiatives as a technical project manager, product owner, and/or technology initiative leader in a SaaS or cloud-based company. But you feel like something’s missing — maybe it’s a lack of diversity of projects and clients, or a desire to work with creative teams, or maybe it’s just a little more life/work balance.
That’s where FINE comes in. You’ll be a critical part of our digital team and our company mix. With your track record of shipping product, getting into the weeds with developers, and keeping complex technology understandable for clients and stakeholders, you can plan, manage, and direct digital builds and products here as never before.
Things You’ll Do Here:
- Operate as the primary lead for more technically complex or product-like projects, managing ground-up initiatives and a handful of key ongoing accounts
- Participate in projects across the portfolio, developing technical requirements, specifications, integration plans, QA test plans, plus more generalized consulting and mentorship
- Develop strategic recommendations and product roadmaps for clients, along with estimates, scopes, project plans, etc.
- Act as the technical project lead on various internal or client-driven initiatives, such as R&D, devops & sysadmin roadmap, expansion of capabilities, and more
- Create scopes of work, estimates, and resource allocations for digital projects and enhancements to existing projects
- Collaborate on the development, stewardship, and evolution of digital project standards, tools, and systems
Things You’ll Bring Here:
- Experience in client or stakeholder-facing roles, with a demonstrated track record of shipped work product
- A solid understanding of the software development lifecycle, with a web focus
- 8+ years of progressive experience in SaaS, cloud-based, or professional services companies
- Strong research and strategic analysis skills
- Knowledge of marketing, web, branding services
- Ability to generate and evaluate roadmaps, feature estimates, technical specs, test plans, web architecture, business logic
* A firm grasp of the dynamics and moving pieces for digital projects and ability to speak to technical concepts, including:
* Front-end and back-end web development and technology stacks
* Cross-browser compatibility
* UX and accessibility
* Object-oriented programming
* QA approaches
* APIs and third party integrations
* Devops / hosting / sysadmin / security / infrastructure
- Excellent written and communication skills
We do some world-class work in a pretty fun, familial, and collaborative environment, with room for career growth. If all this sounds good to you, write us a brief note mentioning product you’ve shipped and cross-functional teams you’ve been a part of, and why you’re interested in this position. Please include links to your portfolio, and include a recent resume when you apply through our online tool.
FINE is a digital agency with a brand-building sensibility. We use digital to help envision, engineer, and express what makes companies great. Founded in San Francisco in 1994, and expanded to Portland in 2007, FINE’s global client list includes top brands across industries like hospitality and travel (Kimpton, Viceroy, XOJET), technology (Symantec, Cisco, Hitachi), wine and spirits (Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Pernod Ricard, Anchor Brewing), along with leaders in private equity and venture capital. With a user-centric approach that emphasizes designing product and service experience from the inside-out, FINE aims to use the power of brand to make big things happen (online and off).
Yep, That's Me