Social Media Strategist
Portland, Oregon, remote opportunities within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
Social media is the foundation for customer engagement. Anyone can post to social media, but what makes you special is that you excel at creating and executing a brand building strategy. For you, there’s nothing better than helping a brand’s social media presence cut through the social clutter with strong performance data to show for it. As a Social Media Strategist at FINE, you build communities to make big happen, collaborating with a team of people as committed and passionate as you.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Are you an accomplished builder of brands and their vibrant communities across the social media universe? Then we want to meet you!
You understand and apply your knowledge of platforms, channels, brands, and how best to connect with the people our clients are looking to reach. You love to engage with customers, build followings, and balance marketing priorities with cultural trends, then use the right tools, data, and metrics to create measurable and effective programs. You’re the type of person who likes to find new, innovative ways to connect the right audience with the perfect brand for them. Not only that, but you get excited to collaborate and share these results with fellow strategists to create great relationships between our clients and their customers.
In short, every brand you touch kindles a high-performing, metrics-driven social network that lures loyalists like moths to our clients’ brand flame.
- Audits + Insights: Conduct social media marketing audits: research, gather, review, and assess foundation, positioning, products, audience, and channel activities to inform ongoing and new social media strategies.
- Social Media Strategy + Playbook: Develop social media playbooks for our clients that align with overall content and marketing strategy across multiple social media channels with a focus in both B2B and B2C, including development of key content topics, target audiences, and channel-level tactics.
- Daily Management, Monitoring, and Engagement: Provide daily stewardship of a manageable number of client accounts including social media channel and community management, collaborating with our team to develop content, tracking post performance with ongoing optimization, social listening to identify trending content and topics, strong monitoring management to uncover opportunities and flag issues, followership engagement, and overall account hygiene.
- *Campaign Strategy: *In collaboration with brand and performance marketing teams, develop social media campaign strategy including paid and organic strategies, campaign goals and KPIs, boosting strategies, placement targeting, influencer outreach initiatives, etc.
- *Tools + Process: Review: *Assess, and optimize tool set and processes for managing multiple client accounts agency-wide.
- *Analytics & Reporting: *Develop and maintain regular reports on social media channel activities against KPIs using a combination of automated data connections for standard metrics and insights from hands-on analysis. Analyze data, identify insights, share with client and internal teams, and adjust course based on insights to continuously improve the activities.
- *Collaborate: *Create campaign and creative briefs for various team members including designers, copywriters, and external stakeholders to collaborate on development of content and assets.
- Seasoned: 3-5 years of experience managing multiple social media accounts across multiple channels with both B2B and B2C brands and extensive knowledge of social media best practices.
- *Customer Service Mindset: *Has stellar customer-centered approach and values Social Media channels as a critical touchpoint to connect with customers and enhance their experience.
- *People Connector: *Excels at making connections and building relationships, and knows how to make virtual connections feel as human as possible.
- *High Performer: *Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects at different stages.
- *Team Collaborator: *Open minded, seeks input and feedback, collaborates with client and internal teams well.
- Insights Driven: Looks for themes, patterns, data insights, KPI’s to inform pivots to strategy and inform social programs.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Social Media Strategist job opening is open to remote work locations within the United States, as well as from our Portland, Oregon office. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q2 2021, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“FINE is full of deeply talented, kind, and caring people. It’s a place for creatives to be human—a place where you can do great work while sustaining the fullness of your life that inspires it."
— Terra, Senior Content Strategist & Writer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.