Social Media Manager
Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
Social media is the foundation for customer engagement. Anyone can post to social media, but what makes you special is that you excel at creating and executing a brand building strategy. For you, there’s nothing better than helping a brand’s social media presence cut through the social clutter with strong performance data to show for it. As a Social Media Manager at FINE, you build communities while collaborating with a team of people as committed and passionate as you.
The Social Media Manager understands and applies knowledge of platforms, channels, brands, and how best to connect with the people our clients are looking to reach. They engage with customers, build followings, and balance marketing priorities with cultural trends, then use the right tools, data, and metrics to create measurable and effective programs. They find new, innovative ways to connect the right audience with the perfect brand for them.
- Audits + Insights: Conduct social media marketing audits: research, gather, review, and assess foundation, positioning, products, audience, and channel activities to inform ongoing and new social media strategies.
- Social Media Strategy + Playbook: Develop social media playbooks for our clients that align with overall content and marketing strategy across multiple social media channels with a focus in both B2B and B2C, including development of key content topics, target audiences, and channel-level tactics.
- Daily Management, Monitoring, and Engagement: Provide daily stewardship of a manageable number of client accounts including social media channel and community management, collaborating with our team to develop content, tracking post performance with ongoing optimization, social listening to identify trending content and topics, strong monitoring management to uncover opportunities and flag issues, followership engagement, and overall account hygiene.
- Campaign Strategy: In collaboration with brand and performance marketing teams, develop social media campaign strategy including paid and organic strategies, campaign goals and KPIs, boosting strategies, placement targeting, influencer outreach initiatives, etc.
- Tools & Process: Review, assess, and optimize tool set and processes for managing multiple client accounts agency-wide.
- Analytics & Reporting: Develop and maintain regular reports on social media channel activities against KPIs using a combination of automated data connections for standard metrics and insights from hands-on analysis. Analyze data, identify insights, share with client and internal teams, and adjust course based on insights to continuously improve the activities.
- Collaborate: Create campaign and creative briefs for various team members including designers, copywriters, and external stakeholders to collaborate on development of content and assets.
Seasoned: 3+ years of experience managing multiple social media accounts across multiple channels with both B2B and B2C brands and extensive knowledge of social media best practices.
Customer Service Mindset: Stellar customer-centered approach and values Social Media channels as a critical touchpoint to connect with customers and enhance their experience.
People Connector: Excels at making connections and building relationships, and knows how to make virtual connections feel as human as possible.
High Performer: Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects at different stages.
Team Collaborator: Open minded, seeks input and feedback, collaborates with client and internal teams well.
Insights Driven: Looks for themes, patterns, data insights, KPI’s to inform pivots to strategy and inform social programs.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Paid sabbatical after just 5 years of service
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
This Social Media Manager job opening is open to remote work locations within the United States, as well as from our Portland, Oregon office. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library.
More FINE Details
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below!
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.
Candidates from recruiters will not be accepted.