SEO Strategist & Copywriter
Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
We're not just building beautiful digital destinations, we’re shaping the customer experience and driving true brand traction. As an SEO Strategist & Copywriter at FINE, you can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
SEO is critical to delivering impactful projects with the strategic impact and brand traction in the marketplace that our clients expect.
As an SEO Specialist & Copywriter, you will champion both the Art and the Science of SEO. You will not only guide technical improvements, but take pride in writing copy that’s just as compelling for users as it is for search engines. While our Director of SEO is here to help mentor and train you, you’ll also bring a good understanding of SEO best practices. Your passion for delivering results-driven, strategic digital approaches will make you an important part of our team. As you advance in knowledge, skills, and value to the FINE team, you will likewise have excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Starts at $65,000 per year, depending on experience and location.
- Understand and implement SEO best practices for FINE websites and clients
- Perform keyword research to identify high-value search phrases
- Flawlessly edit content created by yourself and others
- Take a hands-on approach with SEO copywriting and editing for different audiences to support each brand's voice and content goals
- Own the execution of SEO tactics for your clients
- Communicate progress, roadblocks, and opportunities to the account team
- Monitor industry trends and incorporate established and emerging best practices in SEO into your work
- Become an integral part of the team at FINE as we work to champion SEO best practices for all builds and clients
- 2-3 years of experience in search engine optimization (SEO)
- Passion for writing with a strong sense of voice and tone
- Obsessive attention to detail with outstanding proofreading, fact checking, and editing skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, handling multiple projects at a time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and significant experience working cross-functionally
- Strong work ethic and a "get the job done" attitude
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing day-to-day changes
- You have SEO-oriented website and digital copywriting projects you can point to
- Comfortable turning unstructured customer content and requests into SEO-oriented messaging that's distinctive and represents a customer's business and goals
- Web-based content management system experience
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers.
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid PPO Gold coverage, and heavily discounted spousal and dependent coverage.
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This SEO Speciality & Copywriter job opening is open to remote workers located within the United States.
FINE team members can enjoy working from our newly renovated office in downtown Portland, Oregon. Cozy, collaborative, and comfortable, it features spaces designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q4 2021, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“I’ve worked on multiple projects building sites for everything from wineries to private equity clients. There’s always an interesting new feature or challenge to overcome with each project, and our designers always bring fresh ideas to the table. Part of a successful build is coming up with ways to create flexible object oriented data models without over engineering too much complexity into it, so that sites can evolve and change with the client’s needs over time.“
-Jeremy Clemans, Developer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.