Senior Digital Project Manager
Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
We specialize in the art of project management. We’re not just robotically moving projects from point a to point b, we’re shaping customer experience and brand impact that help companies drive their business direction. As a Senior Digital Project Manager at FINE, you can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, and stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a doer, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Digital Project Management is critical to delivering impactful projects with the velocity, quality, and strategic impact our clients expect.
Your deep background in, and passion for, delivering complex, highly designed and brand-focused digital projects will help. You’ll bring a strong understanding of the nuts and bolts of building digital assets, including experience spearheading substantial custom website development projects. You’re always tracking progress and milestones and thinking 3 steps ahead on a project that only has 2 steps. You are as focused on the experience of the project process for both the client and team as you are on delivering the work itself. In short, you can run multifaceted projects all the way through with a successful team, awesome deliverables, and a happy client.
Things You’ll Do
- Develop and manage a clear and smooth process for client projects and provide regular communication of our plan, activities and next steps so they can feel confident about the project and future outcome.
- Develop and manage a clear and smooth process for teammates, providing regular communication of our plan, activities and next steps so they can feel confident they have the tools and information they need for success.
- Track and manage project budgets and client invoicing/payment to ensure that we are being paid what we are owed for the work we have delivered.
- Scope work with an understanding of the team and effort involved to ensure that FINE is positioned for success for budget and timeline.
- Manage expectations (client, principal, team) to eliminate unwelcome surprises.
- Ensure that the i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed for FINE files and deliverables.
- Collaborate with Senior FINE Team members on larger initiatives,
- Providing committed, dedicated support for the opportunity to learn and grow.
Traits and Experience
- 6+ years of digital project management in a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- Detailed, organized, excellent communicator, skilled at managing up and managing expectations.
- Never living in the moment, but always living in both the past and the future to determine the best next step.
- High EQ with excellent human communication skills. Empathetic, flexible and clear.
- Reflective. Open to and regularly soliciting feedback from all corners for continual growth and improvement.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A paid sabbatical after five years of service
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Senior Digital Project Manager job opening is open to remote workers located in our Portland, Oregon office, with the potential to work remotely within the United States.
Team members can enjoy working from our newly renovated office in downtown Portland, Oregon. Cozy, collaborative, and comfortable, it features spaces designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q1 2022, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“I’ve worked on multiple projects building sites for everything from wineries to private equity clients. There’s always an interesting new feature or challenge to overcome with each project, and our designers always bring fresh ideas to the table. Part of a successful build is coming up with ways to create flexible object oriented data models without over engineering too much complexity into it, so that sites can evolve and change with the client’s needs over time.“ -Jeremy Clemans, Developer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“ -Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.