Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
More and more, companies depend on what we do to generate awareness and revenue for their brand. We’re not just coming up with cool graphics and posting ads, we’re helping drive brand engagement that creates loyal customers. At FINE, our Sr Designer can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
Your role will be to design conceptually-enviable brand social identities and standards, elegantly-straightforward digital experiences, and the full spectrum of brand expression tactics in between. You’ll pair expert design craft with thinking and storytelling to drive the adoption of your ideas. You’ll collaborate with other designers along with writers, strategists, and developers to solve problems, share and receive ideas, and constantly elevate the level of work we deliver together. Your compelling creative will help differentiate brands in the marketplace, attract customers, and add value to the product and service experience that clients offer.
- Concept strong strategic ideas and innovative tactics that can span a range of platforms
- Provide visual design of all channel creative to maintain brand consistency including digital campaigns, organic social, ad creative, email, landing pages, asset libraries, other strategic marketing communications and more
- Deliver thoughtful creative ideation to clients with a clear design POV and understanding of the brand
- Communicate with clients during campaigns and presentations, when applicable
- Act as a client resource and provide solutions for design- related issues
- Solve any and all design problems independently or with the help of the Creative Director
- Consistently identify and implement process improvements
- Ensure that all creative assets meet or exceed quality standards
- At least 5+ years commercial experience, ideally both agency and freelance
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of digital marketing, and an interest in staying up to date with new platforms, creative trends, and technologies for the digital channel as related media emerge
- Mastery of the Adobe suite and Figma and aptitude to learn marketing oriented digital platforms
- Must be able to work well within a team environment, take initiative, and manage your time to meet deadlines
- Animation and video editing skills to create attention-grabbing social posts, dynamic logos, and brand showreels a bonus
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A paid sabbatical after five years of service
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
More FINE Details
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below. Phone calls and emails are not accepted.