Paid Media Specialist
Portland, Oregon, remote opportunities within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
Where there’s purpose, there’s power. It’s a principle that permeates everything we do at FINE, enabling us to create digital strategies with the power to transform companies inside and out. Whether we’re arriving at the KPIs that measure big success, or diving into the details of data drivers, we operate from the belief that there’s no such thing as overthinking as long as you’re always thinking about the best ways of doing. As a Paid Media Specialist at FINE, you bring strategic intent and thoughtful discourse to the digital realm to make big happen, collaborating with a team of people as committed and passionate as you.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Do you think KPIs are sexy? Do your dreams involve dashboards, target audiences, analytics, ROAS, and ROI? Then we want to meet you!
Digital marketing is a megaphone for brand, and it’s critical to creating awareness and filling funnels. You enjoy working with our teams to plan and manage highly effective digital paid media that attracts and converts great customers.
You apply your deep background and passion for translating brand messaging and business goals into a cohesive performance marketng strategy that resonates with end users, drives conversions, and builds loyalty. With proven experience developing paid media strategy for large-scale brands, you know how to use all the modern channels to reach customers, and all the modern tools, analytics, and metrics to run measurably great programs. You’re always coming up with innovative ways to more effectively apply marketing resources to get the job done.
In short, every brand you touch kindles a high-performing, metrics-driven marketing system that lures loyalists like moths to our clients’ brand flame.
- Create Digital Marketing Programs: Develop paid digital media strategic plans, including: target audiences and segmentation development, channel-level tactics and budget allocations, campaign briefs, keyword research and keyword targeting strategies and keyword-level bid budgets, funnel and digital consumer journey touchpoints design, and development of campaign goals and KPIs
- Manage: Daily management of digital advertising platforms: building audiences, campaigns, event optimization, bidding, placement targeting, account hygiene, device type rules, delivery frequency management, etc.
- Audits + Insights: Conduct client and competitor paid digital media marketing audits: gather, review, and assess segments, positioning, products, channel activities, budget allocations, advertising tech-stacks, and additional resources through interviews, research, client provided documentation, and serious internet sleuthing to develop impactful recommendations
- Reporting: Forecast expected results (traffic, revenue, ROAS, etc.) and change impacts (e.g. budget increase of xx will lead to xx% increase in revenue) for paid advertising activities using historical 1st and 3rd party data, market performance, and platform estimates. Create and manage daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual paid media reporting using a combination of automated data connections for standard metrics, insights from hands-on analysis, recommended pivots, and next steps
- CRO: Conversion rate optimization (CRO) research and collaboration with internal and external teams for paid media campaign landing pages and all applicable pages that a user may visit on their path to conversion to increase campaign effectiveness. Develop A/B testing programs for copy, creative, targeting, placements, and landing page destinations. Report on insights, make recommendations, and pivot strategies based on findings.
- Analytics and tracking: Set-up, test, maintain, and manage analytics environments for paid programs - goals, rules, tags, pixels, events, triggers, and variables across Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and various advertising platforms.
- Ad Tech: Manage our account structure and set-up across various advertising channels. Research and recommend improvements and changes to the adtech we’re using to support our client programs.
- Collaborate: Create campaign briefs, asset requirements, and tickets for various team members including designers, developers, and external stakeholders and collaborate on the evolution of our service offering
- At least 3+ years managing 3+ brands
- Experience developing and managing paid digital marketing campaigns for brands across multiple key channels (social media, ppc, display, travel or industry specific)
- Channel specific experience + certifications: Google Adwords Certified, Facebook Blueprint Certification, Google analytics and tag manager certification
- Strong data reporting & analytical skills: pulling data, creating data tables, translating and using data to glean insights, inform strategy, develop KPIs/benchmarks, and make recommendations
- High levels of integrity, managing our client’s budgets responsibly and accountable to the results
- Experience with paid media metrics, how they interplay with one another, developing program KPI’s and reports to manage over time
- Seeks out and receives feedback well; open-minded, curious, and collaborative work-style
- Experienced in market, product, audience, and research and analysis
- Understanding of the changing Paid Media landscape and the ability to quickly adapt including researching and finding solutions to challenges
- Written + verbal executive summaries; ability to distill complex information and details into high level insights and recommendations
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Paid Media Specialist job opening is open to remote work locations within the United States, as well as from our Portland, Oregon office. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q2 2021, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“FINE is full of deeply talented, kind, and caring people. It’s a place for creatives to be human—a place where you can do great work while sustaining the fullness of your life that inspires it."
— Terra, Senior Content Strategist & Writer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.