Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
More and more, companies depend on what we do to lead their business direction. We’re not just posting PPC ads and spamming with emails, we’re helping to shape customer experience and brand impact. At FINE, our Marketing Strategist can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Your job is to help our clients create brand traction in the marketplace. You’ll be on point for how we help clients attract, keep, and grow great customers. You’ll help to define and shape marketing programs and approaches, selecting the right channels to connect brands with customers and the right metrics to make sure results and effectiveness continue to grow.
You’ll work with client leads, program managers, and other internal and client collaborators to ideate, research, and document an approach grounded in customer and brand insights, finding big moves that differentiate immediately along with all the details that have impact over time. You’ll drive creation of the omni-channel marketing plan, online and off, with a mindset for owned and earned media wherever it can take the place of paid. You’ll help all involved understand results with clear and actionable reports. From campaign concepts to editorial calendars, your marketing strategies will set the direction and tone for a team to execute, while pivoting to pursue what works.
- Discovery: Gather, review, and assess current segments, positioning, products, channel activities, and resources through interviews, research, client delivery of information, and overall top-notch sleuthing to develop impactful recommendations.
- Workshops + Meetings: Lead meetings and workshops with client and internal teammates to improve the work, cut through challenging areas, and create buy-in.
- Insights + Big Moves: Identify areas of greatest commercial + brand opportunities, distill insights and recommendations into presentations and action plans.
- Brand Management and Omni-Channel Marketing: Translate brand and commercial strategy into omni-channel marketing + messaging plans along with goals + KPIs, journeys, campaigns, and editorial calendars. Collaborate with internal (and often client) teams to make it all happen.
- Communications + content marketing: identify key messaging themes across different channels throughout business cycles and seasonal activities and bring them to life across channels including social, email, organic and paid activities.
- Modern marketing tooling: Guide on tool kit selection, setup and implementation as needs arise across client activations.
- Reporting: Develop and maintain regular reports on marketing channel activities against KPIs. Analyze data, identify insights, share with client and internal teams, and adjust course based on insights to continuously improve the activities.
- Cohesion: Steward strategy + messaging cohesion across channel activities continuously identifying areas for improvement
- 5-7+ years of experience, ideally with at least two companies.
- Bonus points if you managed an existing brand or helped launch one or more professional services, hospitality, or direct-to-consumer brands.
- Experience developing single- and multi-channel marketing programs and messaging with a focus on innovative, unique, strategic approaches to using the channel to drive results and brand impact.
- Exceptional communication skills - confident, listens, simplifies the complex.
- Open-minded, seeks input and feedback, and collaborates with client and internal teams well.
- Generates unexpected solutions and works well with limitations or time constraints.
- A natural with exploring data, gathering insights, and developing KPIs and metrics to assess the effectiveness of changes.
- Experience working with tools in the marketing technology space and identifying opportunities to improve marketing technology to create an effective marketing ecosystem.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers.
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
This Marketing Strategist job opening is for our Portland, Oregon office, with the potential to work remotely within the US. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q4 2020, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“FINE is full of deeply talented, kind, and caring people. It’s a place for creatives to be human—a place where you can do great work while sustaining the fullness of your life that inspires it."
— Terra, Senior Content Strategist & Writer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.