We’re looking for a junior web developer who’s passionate about learning about web development and jumping in to make immediate contributions to cool projects. If you’ve been making interesting things online - whether that’s professionally, experimentally, or just for a side hustle - and you thrive in highly collaborative team environments that encourage learning and growth, we should get to know each other better.
At FINE, we put a lot of value on collaboration, communication and professional growth. That’s not just lip service - we routinely provide these opportunities. You’ll be a part of our multidisciplinary team focused on building sites that are beautiful, performant, and maintainable. We work on challenging projects and produce high-quality work in a collaborative, creative setting. Your talents might be used in both team efforts and solo builds. Even our post-launch site maintenance work will help you learn and develop your skills.
FINE helps clients solve central business problems and deliver their core brand promise online and we have a lot of fun doing it. We think you will too.
We are flexible in the skillset you may bring, but would prefer a candidate with a solid baseline of common web technologies.
- HTML5 and semantic markup
- CSS3, SCSS/Sass
- Working knowledge of some backend languages and frameworks: Ruby on -
Rails, PHP, Wordpress, etc
- Got to have Git skills
- You’re enthusiastic, proactive, and not afraid to offer a helping hand
- You communicate effectively and often
- A sharp eye for aesthetics: developers at FINE are a critical part of our overall delivery and we need your sharp attention to detail
- Proactive and resourceful, can always be relied on by the team to come through
- Advanced knowledge in any of the core technical skills
- Experience building or integrating APIs
- You thrive on learning in all shapes and forms, from experimenting with your code to classes and conferences and everything in between
- You are active in the wider development community via open source contributions, social networks or actual physical interaction w/ humans in the industry
What's in it for you
- We are nice, down-to-earth people doing interesting and award-winning work
- We focus on a work/life balance and are happy to accommodate individual needs
- We offer a generous benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, professional development funds, short term disability, maternity/paternity leave, onsite bike storage and showers, commuter benefits, coffee, snacks and more
Let's do this!
If this all sounds like you, holler at us immediately. When you do, please be aware that we'd like to see some examples of your work. If you don't have a portfolio, please make sure there's a place where we can view code samples alongside your functional work. If you have a portfolio but want to supplement it with some highlights in your cover letter, feel free!
FINE is a brand agency for the digital age. We plan, create, and evolve the core brand expressions that define and differentiate companies today. From positioning and strategy, through identity and sophisticated digital destinations, we develop experiences with the brand gravity to pull customers in and make them feel like sticking around. Founded in San Francisco in 1994 and expanded to Portland in 2007, the extensive brand list of FINE clients includes Symantec, Cloudera, XOJet, Apple, Anchor Brewing, Kimpton Hotels, Ste Michelle Wine Estates, Pernod Ricard and many more. We’re proud to be an Oregonian “Top Places to Work” for four consecutive years, most recently in 2017. For more information on FINE and our 20+-year history, visit www.wearefine.com.
Yep, That's Me