Human Resources Business Partner
Help us take FINE to the next level!
If you are a Human Resources practitioner who emphasizes the human experience and are passionate about creating inclusive work communities and a culture that champions creativity, then FINE has the perfect opportunity for you. Our HR Business Partner will work closely with their supervisor, the Director of Operations, and the operations team to ensure our 40+ employees and contractors are supported, productive, and thriving at FINE.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, and stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a doer, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Behind every great company is an HR Business Partner smoothing out the edges and nuances of employment. Your role at FINE would focus on creating a safe space for diversity to flourish while upholding FINE values and standards through clear, proactive, and constructive communication. As the HR Business Partner, you’ll work with the Operations team to ensure that FINE team members feel supported and have the answers they need so they can focus on delivering high quality work to our clients.
- Implement, educate, and support diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices
- Optimize the employee lifecycle from hire to retire to ensure FINE’s brand as an employer is top-notch
- Maintain and communicate FINE policies and procedures
- Administer employee benefits
- Support FINE as a top workplace by identifying and solving for ways to improve the employee experience and add meaning to their work and lives
- Execute mentorship, internal education, training, professional development, and career trajectory programs to identify specific employee growth goals as well as the resources and budget to support them
- Ensure the effectiveness of formal and informal employee feedback systems, emphasizing self-led development for employees to actively build their value as assets to each other and the organization
- Support more traditional elements of an HR role, including work performance issues, conflict resolution, employee appreciation, compensation, and benefits reviews
- Work with team managers to identify and solve for skill gaps in the teams through training, hiring, and education
- Execute company employee recruitment and onboarding to ensure we attract, orient, and retain the best and diverse talent
- Build relationships with individuals, organizations, and institutions that can expand FINE’s access to great talent
- Own the FINE employer brand and outreach, ensuring that company hiring tools (digital environments such as our website, BambooHR, job posting sites, GlassDoor, and recruiter relationships) remain fresh, positive, and accurate
- Demonstrated ability to be an influential advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion with practices that grow and support DE&I as a top company priority
- Highly motivated by providing support that allows individuals and the organization flourish
- 3-5 years experience working in a human relations capacity
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations as well as an understanding of forward-thinking progressive employment best practices
- Proven ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Driven, self-managing self starter who enjoys working with a team
- Strong people and communication skills including experience with conflict resolution; nonviolent communication a plus
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- A knack for getting the details right, tracking information, and high follow through that builds trust with team members
- Proficiency with Bamboo HR or other HRIS systems or the technical aptitude to learn quickly
- Experience with Apple OS and related tools as well as Google Suite
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
The copywriter position is for our office in Portland, Oregon, with the potential to work remotely within the United States +/- 3 hours PST. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, our office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, like a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the bistro, or visiting with a client in the library. Note: As of Q4 2020, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“FINE is full of deeply talented, kind, and caring people. It’s a place for creatives to be human—a place where you can do great work while sustaining the fullness of your life that inspires it."
— Terra, Senior Content Strategist & Writer
“Smart, kind, and agile, the people are (without a doubt) the best part of working at FINE.“
— Thais, Senior Producer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
We ask that you share a cover letter that includes a brief summary of your interest in and experience for the position as well as:
- A creative brand message (headline, tagline) that you’re most proud of, plus one sentence about why.
- An editorial/longer form deliverable (article, collateral copy, etc.) that you’re most proud of, plus one sentence about why
Phone calls and emails are not accepted. Our HR consultant, Workplace Change, will be conducting this search. All interested candidates should apply by January 8th, 2021 by submitting a compelling cover letter and comprehensive resume.
Recruitment Closes: January 8, 2021
Review of Top Candidates: January 29, 2021