Group Creative Director
Portland, remote within the US
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick ads, flashy sites, and clever taglines. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it, from operations and experience all the way through marketing. We're not building campaigns—we're integrating strategy, copy, design, and development into multidisciplinary solutions that help brands connect with their audiences in meaningful ways.
Help us take FINE to the next level!
Visual virtuoso. Narrative navigator. Creative captain. You are a fountain of ideas, a champion of new directions, and a steward of beautiful creations. Your nurturing disposition bolsters collaboration and product across design, copy, strategy, and development for a range of innovative projects. You’ve developed your fair share of award-winning work and now you’re ready to develop a FINE team of award-winning creatives, bringing out that same brilliance in designers and copywriters alike.
As Group Creative Director, you will be responsible for both the creative direction of our largest projects and the career paths of a multidisciplinary team of designers and copywriters, ensuring we produce the highest quality of work through the sharp application of talent. You will oversee creative from concept through execution on projects including global websites, brand work, digital media and marketing services. You also need to be a bonafide client-whisperer, skilled in winning trust and work alike, positioning us to tackle incredibly ambitious future projects.
- Direct a team of creatives, fostering a supportive, collaborative, and inclusive environment with clear creative direction and timely feedback to improve creative processes and guide individuals to achieve their best work
- Provide career-path guidance, empowering individuals to reach their goals in alignment with business objectives
- Partner with studio leaders to strategically grow and develop the creative team to match agency priorities and evolving client needs
- Promote the opportunities offered by digital and social platforms and media and translate these developments into winning strategies for the agency’s clients
- Champion the crafts of design, copy, and strategy, and help to elevate their integration throughout the studio’s output
- Optimize the creative culture within the company by celebrating the team’s work online, at industry events, and through thought leadership
- Partner with leaders across the agency to ensure the studio’s creative vision is consistent with broader agency vision and initiatives
- Occasionally conceive and create outstanding work with your own hands at the highest level
- 12+ years of experience at a creative agency or leading brand, including 5+ years as a people manager
- An exceptional and diverse portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking, creative problem solving, and innovative work across all media
- Extensive experience in a client-facing, creative leadership role in a digital environment
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals of interaction design, user experience, narrative storytelling, brand development, digital marketing and creative processes
- Proven aptitude for and deep awareness of new platforms and technologies for the digital channel and related media
- Demonstrated ability to pitch, win, and support new business
- Ability to travel as needed
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A paid sabbatical after five years of service
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
More FINE Details
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below. Phone calls, emails, international candidates and candidates from recruiters are not accepted.