Digital Designer (Portland, OR)
You’re a talented digital designer obsessed with every detail of the craft. It’s more than just craft though; you understand, think about, and build design systems. You have an ability to address a variety of challenges through interaction design, visual design, and prototyping. You’ll collaborate closely with our in-house strategists, producers, information architects, writers, and developers to bring fresh perspectives, and continuously elevate the level of our tangible creative work product.
Things You’ll Do Include:
- Design conceptually enviable, functionally seamless web experiences that connect to content strategy and solve big, ugly problems in simple, elegant ways.
- Work across the design spectrum, from strategy to pixel-level detail, including new design concept development, refinement and rollout, and production support
- Partner with team members to innovate new practices for increased efficiency and better results
- Drive projects forward by going beyond your role to support your team
Traits and Experience:
- 2+ years relevant experience in visual design for real-world digital projects
- An agile self-starter, able to contribute to projects with varying levels of direction, and pivot gracefully as projects shift
- The ability and desire to present your work clearly and thoughtfully to teammates and clients at all stages of a project
- Content strategy acumen, with the ability to map user journeys, experience maps, and interaction flows
- A love for design and a solid understanding of typography, photography, interaction, and technology
- You’re up-to-date with the latest design and prototyping tools (for example sketch, figma, principle)
- A strong portfolio with details on your specific role and contribution - we’re serious about wanting the details
- Strong collaboration, presentation, and prototyping skills - if you can work some magic in Principle that’s a plus, as is making rad samples in After Effects
- A sense of humor. And a sense of humor about your sense of humor. Seriously.
We’re a brand and digital agency with a 25-year history of great work. Our clients are top-notch brands in wine and spirits, hospitality, architecture, engineering, finance, and more. We embrace a highly collaborative process that produces great results. Our work is deeply rooted in strategy and concept while maintaining a user-focused perspective.
We do world-class work in a fun, familial environment, with room for career growth. So if all this sounds good to you, write us a little note to tell us what you’ve done, what you’re reading, and why you’re interested in this position, and please include links to your portfolio/work and a recent resume when you apply through our online tool.
Yep, That's Me