Digital Creative Director (Portland, OR)
We’re a brand and digital agency with a 25-year history of great work. Our clients are top-notch hospitality, wine and spirits, architecture, finance, and consumer brands. We need an awesome digital creative director to meet the demand for our work and build on our longstanding tradition of doing world-class digital design in a pretty fun, familial environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Be human. Be awesome. Make big happen.
- Lead our creative team and shoulder accountability for quality of creative work product, from strategy and conception to execution and delivery
- Have a point of view and bring fresh perspectives, while maintaining an open and curious mind
- Engage with clients directly, inspiring stronger work through honest, productive, and solution-oriented communication
- Work with leadership and functional teams to continually elevate the level of our work product
- Partner with digital-focused team members to innovate and pioneer new practices for more efficiency and better end results
- Be a thought leader within the company and through our marketing team’s PR efforts
- Proactively build, mentor, inspire, and motivate our creative team. Manage the team to increase accountability, ownership, and collaboration.
- Lead inspiring internal design reviews and crits, and command the room with confident storytelling in client presentations
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years leading creative product, teams, and projects
- Significant hands-on, digital-focused design background, with demonstrated understanding of UX, brand, and content strategy
- Extraordinary communication skills, both verbal and written — you’re not just a smooth talker, you’re also a great communicator
- A portfolio of great work that has a story and delivers results for clients that aspire to create world-class brands
- Magnetic presentation skills for strategic, creative brand deliverables
- Strong client-facing listening and consulting skills
- A collaborative, outcome-oriented, ego-free leadership style
- A work ethic and drive that are strangely at odds with your disarming personality — you take your work very seriously, but yourself not so much
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong emotional intelligence and strategic assessment skills
If this sounds like you, send us a link to your portfolio. And in your remarkably concise cover letter, please include a few simple examples of your awesomeness:
- Describe 1 or more creative teams you’ve managed. Just a sentence or two.
- List the top 10 or so clients and projects on which you have served as CD.
- Point us at the projects you think had the most impact.
Yep, That's Me