Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
More and more, companies depend on what we do to lead their business direction. We’re not just wordsmithing clever slogans and catchy headlines (although all that happens, too)—we’re using content to shape customer experience and brand impact. At FINE, our copywriter can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
As a copywriter, you’ll work collaboratively to craft compelling, purposeful content for FINE and our clients. From brand messaging and website copy to email marketing, social media, and advertising, what you write will span the content spectrum. How you write, on the other hand, will be remarkably consistent, reflecting an unrelenting commitment to quality and command of voice. At times, you’ll be called upon to strengthen the work of others, and you’ll respond to this charge like a champion, bringing the same acuity to their work as you do to your own. In short, you’ll stand with us to battle against basic, triumph over trite, and abscond with alliteration as we bring brand stories to life.
- Produce quality content, from concept to completion, in cross-functional collaboration with other writers, strategists, designers, developers, producers, and client teams.
- Ground written deliverables in research, strategy, and storytelling, ensuring content is thoughtful, compelling, and thorough.
- Contribute to brand expression by developing and defining brand voice, including actionable guidelines for execution.
- Extend your expertise to a wide range of content types and tasks, from writing articles and messaging to revising strategy documents
- 4+ years of agency copywriting experience
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates consistent, high-quality content creation within and across a variety of initiatives and campaigns
- Experience developing brand voice and messaging for a variety of clients
- Ability to deliver on multiple concurrent, and at times changing, priorities
- Dogged attention to detail
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking
- Solid command of the English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Currently residing and authorized to work in the United States
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A paid sabbatical after five years of service
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This position is for our office in Portland, Oregon, with the opportunity to work remotely within the United States. Local team members can enjoy working remotely or from our downtown office. Cozy, collaborative, and comfortable, it features spaces designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining content over a cup of coffee in the bistro, or visiting with a client in the library.
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
We ask that you share a cover letter that includes:
- A brief explanation of why FINE stands out to you and why you’d be perfect here
- An email and social media post (preferably from the same campaign), with a sentence or two about the brand, audience, and goal
- The brand messaging that you are most proud of creating, plus a sentence about what you are most proud of creating, plus a sentence about why
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.