Content Manager + Writer
This is a full-time position, reporting to FINE’s leadership team, with direct mentorship from the guy who’s sorta in charge of content and another guy who sorta leads creative. The role consolidates the company’s owned channels for communicating with clients and external media, extending that expertise into paid content and copy work for clients. Across both activities, the core skill set is a strong understanding of how to organize and create truly exceptional content.
Things You'll Do Include:
Content Strategy & Management
- Establish, maintain, and share a simple and manageable system, editorial calendar, budget, and results for FINE’s core content tactics, focused on doing the most important things really well.
- Build and maintain consensus among leadership team in planning and reporting of marketing efforts, key messages, PR strategy, etc
- Manage FINE content marketing channels: website, case studies, blog, PR, social media, email, awards, and articles aimed (primarily) at new clients and (secondarily) at industry reputation/awareness.
- Manage media relations, including pitching FINE to industry and vertical industry for thought leadership, interviews, commentary, speaking engagements.
Content Development & Copywriting
- Write compelling content via research, staff interviews, and other as-necessary avenues to elicit innovative thinking and deliverables
- Manage FINE branded content standards, including editing for voice and tone
- Write and manage FINE social media accounts; pair with a designer or team of rotating designers; expand professional social media via LinkedIN, review sites, etc
- Develop company internal content for amplifying accomplishments, goals, market trends, etc. on a regular basis
- Produce case studies/tours for launching + completed projects, coordinating with project teams to craft compelling narrative that fuel future sales.
Content, Strategy & Copywriting: Clients
- Complete assigned copywriting assignments in support of web, brand, or other client projects.
- Develop client editorial calendar/content strategy documents to guide content development
- Contribute to brand naming projects with options and supporting rationale
- Assist in copy development for brand strategy and messaging projects.
Traits and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience doing what we need done: content writing, journalism, copywriting, or similar discipline
- A knack for finding “the story” - uncovering what we should say about our clients and ourselves and how to say it across multiple channels.
- A well-honed ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities with varying timelines, and the ability to pivot as needed
- An engaging social media presence and/or established media relationships a plus, connection with current and prospective audiences
- Ability to think strategically about a company as a content engine, and organize the systems to manage it
- World-class written skills
- Collaborative, communicative, honest, creative, all that good stuff.
- An established network of relationships with media is a plus
We do some world-class work in a fun, familial environment. So if all this sounds good to you, write us a little note to tell us what you’ve done and why you’re interested in this position, and please attach a recent resume when you send.