Brand Strategist, Digital
Portland, remote within the US
Help us take FINE to the next level!
We’re not just building beautiful digital destinations, we’re shaping the customer experience and driving true brand traction. As a Brand Strategist for our digital projects at FINE, you can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, and even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
Digital strategy isn’t just about what happens on screens. It’s the careful extension and expression of the brand experience as a whole, and it’s critical to delivering consistency, quality, and impact with velocity.
Your deep background in, and inherent passion for, translating brand positioning and distinctions to digital environments is the linchpin for crafting a cohesive digital strategy that resonates with end users, drives conversions, and builds loyalty. With proven experience leading the strategy for large-scale website projects, you know all the digital tools in the arsenal and wield them with the grace and precision of true artistry. In short, every brand you touch turns to finely spun brand gold that shimmers with innovation and distinction.
You’re always coming up with innovative ways to embody our clients’ brands in a way that clearly differentiates them from the competition.
- Workshops + Meetings: Participate in project kickoffs and discoveries; review and analyze client assets/materials; draft custom client surveys; guide and perform market/competitive research; conduct client stakeholder interviews/group work sessions; develop audience profiles/personas; distill and summarize key takeaways; identify brand-led digital opportunities
- Digital Brand Experience: Translate brand positioning and distinctions through to digital environments developing a cohesive digital strategy encompassing UX, sitemap, content requirements, key site features, CTA’s, digital experience touchpoints, and sales funnels. Ground our design and creative work with a clear framework that leaves room for the most compelling ways to bring brands to life in words, images, and functionality.
- Insights + Big Moves: Identify areas of greatest commercial + brand opportunities, distill insights and recommendations into presentations and action plans informed by digital competitive audits, research, and analysis, along with stakeholder interviews and deliverables provided by clients.
- Collaborate: Partner with the team members on each project from start to finish to support and steward digital brand experience with tech, design, copy, project management and account leadership team members. Interface with clients at key project milestones and talk through deliverables and consult on direction adjustments as required.
- Innovate: Learn clients’ business across a wide array of industries and develop digital strategies to set them apart from the competition in a way that aligns with the brand.
- Digital Brand Stewardship: Act as a brand advocate throughout all touchpoints in the digital experience and throughout the lifespan of the account partnership with FINE. Collaborating with the client across their time with FINE to consistently bring strong, responsible, and innovative solutions to requests along the way.
- Consistent FINE Standards: Ensure digital strategy deliverables and toolkits meet internal and external expectations and are suitable and scalable for execution on an industry-leading level.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience working on 8+ brands across 3+ industries in digital environments
- High Performer: Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects at different stages at once.
- Brand Led: Sees digital strategies as an extension of the brand, and understands how to bring a brand to life across all digital touchpoints, with a balance of innovative and responsible solutions.
- Digital Native: Experience collaborating with experts in design, technology, content SEO, paid, email and other marketing programs to improve site conversion (CRO) as well as experience working with different CMS platforms, core brand and business tools and integrations to support a world-class digital experience for clients and consumers.
- Top notch communicator: Excellent written + verbal skills; ability to distill complex information and details into high level insights and recommendations, and to successfully pitch strategic work.
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you love design that is simple, beautiful, and intuitive?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
This is a full-time role.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity/parental leave
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Brand Strategist (Digital) job opening is open to remote work locations within the United States, as well as from our Portland, Oregon office. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q2 2021, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“FINE is full of deeply talented, kind, and caring people. It’s a place for creatives to be human—a place where you can do great work while sustaining the fullness of your life that inspires it."
— Terra, Senior Content Strategist & Writer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic, but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
— Mehran Azma, Associate Creative Director
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and want to contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application by clicking Apply Now below.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.