Reporting to the lead Principal in charge of Brand, as a Brand Strategist you will play an active and senior role in setting the foundational strategic direction from overall brand positioning and platforms through messaging maps, brand architectures, customer journey maps, content strategies, and marketing plans/roadmaps.
Things You'll Do Include:
We may find a few other things for you to do here and there, but these are the areas you’ll focus on, own, live, breathe:
- Lead engagements with a small number of assigned brands, guiding activities in conjunction with a project director, lead Principal, and creative team
- Learn clients’ business across a wide array of industries and develop brand strategies to set them apart from the competition
- Lead project kickoffs and discoveries; review and analyze client assets/materials; draft custom client surveys; guide and perform market/competitive research; conduct client stakeholder interviews/group work sessions; develop audience profiles/personas; distill and summarize key takeaways; identify brand opportunities
- Craft and write final recommendations; develop strategic positioning; define key brand elements; present and pitch findings and recommendations to client
- Drive the brand promise forward through tactical execution to include things like developing experience touch-points, customer journeys, brand playbooks, training documentation, etc.
- Act as brand advocate throughout the brand expression and execution phases of the project; ensure that messaging, identity, collateral, website, campaigns, and even operations reflect original strategy/positioning
Interface with client at key project milestones and talk through strategy of deliverables; consult on direction adjustments as required
- Participate in regular dialog with clients to identify new initiatives, advise on activities, document new projects/initiatives, etc.
- Craft proposals and statements of work for new projects and initiatives; participate in new business pitches, working closely with Client Services team
- Ensure strategy deliverables and toolkits meet internal and external expectations so they can be consistently and repeat-ably executed at an industry-leading level
- Contribute to the evolution of our service offerings to make it good-er
Traits and Experience:
Here’s what you’ll need when you get to the FINE party:
- Minimum 5-10 years experience in a client-facing role developing brand and communications strategies and plans
- A college degree or similar, which is no problem for you because you’re a smarty pants
- A number of brand strategy projects you can story-tell about in a way that makes it clear you were an integral part of their development
- Expertise in hospitality, placemaking, experience design, and/or travel related branding a big plus
- A demonstrably high-level of strength in the following skills and qualities:
- Interfacing with clients to identify needs, build confidence, develop a strong point of view, and successfully pitch strategic work
- Research and analysis
- Strategic thinking, brand concept definition, articulating benefits/differentiators
- Writing, documenting, concepts through to finished and polished (and not too verbose) verbiage
- Cross-functional, internal team collaborator
- Communication tools: Powerpoint/Keynote, Google docs, Word, etc.
- Ability to work across multiple concurrent projects at once (~3-6)
We’re a brand and digital agency with a 25-year history of great work. Our clients are top-notch brands in wine and spirits, hospitality, architecture, engineering, finance, and more. We embrace a highly collaborative creative and development process that has proven to produce premium results. Our work is deeply rooted in strategy and concept while maintaining a user-focused perspective.
We do some world-class work in a pretty fun, familial environment, with room for career growth. So if all this sounds good to you, write us a little note to tell us what you’ve done and why you’re interested in this position, and please include a recent resume when you apply through our online tool.
Yep, That's Me