Brand Project Director
Help us take FINE to the next level!
More and more, companies depend on what we do to lead their business direction. We’re not just coming up with cool graphics and posting ads, we’re helping drive brand engagement that creates loyal customers. At FINE, our Brand Project Director can (and should) truly make big things happen, working alongside people as committed, passionate, and talented as you are.
At FINE, we are committed to our core values and strive to live them every day.
People here are the real deal. You bring genuine intentions, unite by your actions, stay humble in your greatness, open with your quirks, and honest in your flaws.
You’re at the top of your craft and game. Whatever your skill and role, you’re a highly engaged, positive solutioneer. A leader, a do-er, and an always improver.
MAKE BIG HAPPEN
You approach your work believing it has the power to impact our company, our clients, even our world. All that you do is strategically motivated and aims for a world-class outcome.
As a Brand Project Director at FINE, your role will be to successfully and strategically guide clients through innovative brand projects. You’ll give clear direction, steer team communication for better outcomes, and uphold FINE quality standards.
You’ll collaborate with FINE leadership to drive projects forward, leveraging your peer leadership and superb communication skills to rally people behind the cause. Our client-facing teams know you as a people person and you consider yourself a details person; you’ve got an uncanny ability to see the big picture while drilling down on the specifics, empowering our team to execute the complex elements of building modern brands.
When it comes to finding and adapting systems for each program, you call on your breadth of experience and firm understanding of tools to find the best fit. You’re creative in thinking up new ideas and approaches for project management.
In short, you are a catalyst for shepherding clients and agency teams to generate exceptional results while building an effective, efficient, and repeatable process.
- Develop and manage a clear and smooth process for client projects and requests, providing regular communication of the plan, activities, and next steps so they can feel confident about the project/task and future outcome
- Manage a clear and smooth process for teammates, providing regular communication of the plan, activities, and next steps so they can feel confident they have the tools and information they need for success
- Manage expectations of clients, principals, and teams to eliminate unwelcome surprises
- Make independent project management decisions, if necessary, to ensure smooth delivery and client experience
- Track and manage budgets and client invoicing/payment to ensure that FINE is paid for what we deliver
- Proactively sell all company services; write Statements of Work for new clients as well as scope changes and additions for existing clients
- 8+ years of agency experience including account and project management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and clients at the same time while staying organized and on track
- A future thinking and strategic planner who gets to the root of client requests to understand the “real” need. Translates client requests into strategic action.
- Empathetic, flexible, and clear
- Detailed, organized, excellent communicator, skilled at managing up and managing expectations with internal teams and clients
Our values manifest themselves in a small group of dynamic, creative learners who are passionate about producing inspired and effective work, who seek to improve every day, and who understand that life is too short to not enjoy yourself along the way.
Our promise to clients is to help them evolve their brand and business to become their best selves, and deepen their relationships with customers. For the “A player” (that rare and talented top 10%) looking for something special, this position is the opportunity for you.
- Do you see brand, digital, and creative as powerful business drivers?
- Do you believe the best work is done in small groups of passionate experts?
- Do you have a high level of attention to detail?
- Do you have a passion for serving others?
- Are you looking for a place to learn and challenge yourself every day?
- Are you able to maintain calm in times of stress?
- Do you focus on priorities to achieve set goals?
- Do you value the people you work with as much as the work itself?
- Do you look at work as a career rather than just a job?
- Are you inspired by the opportunity to address and solve interesting problems?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we want to meet you!
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with an option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Company-paid group-term life insurance with the option to purchase additional coverage
- Short-term disability coverage
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for dependent care as well as certain dental and vision expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
- Competitive compensation package
- Outstanding work environment
- Working with other “A players” driven to create great client results
This Brand Project Director job opening is for our Portland office. Located in a newly renovated building in downtown Portland, the FINE PDX office is cozy, collaborative, and comfortable. Each unique space was designed with multiple uses in mind, whether a strategy session on the collaboration wall, refining a design idea over a cup of coffee in the Bistro, or visiting with a client in the Library. Note: As of Q3 2021, FINE employees are working remotely during the pandemic.
“I’ve worked on multiple projects building sites for everything from wineries to private equity clients. There’s always an interesting new feature or challenge to overcome with each project, and our designers always bring fresh ideas to the table. Part of a successful build is coming up with ways to create flexible object-oriented data models without over-engineering too much complexity into it so that sites can evolve and change with the client’s needs over time.“
-Jeremy Clemans, Developer
“FINE offers the perfect balance of a humanity-first approach to business and envelope-pushing aspirations. It’s the harmony between the two that’s continually impressed me and inspired me to want to give back not just through my work ethic but in my desire to help see the business thrive. Leadership consistently exemplifies a deep consideration and care for the team, especially in their rallying for self-advocacy and continued personal growth – which can certainly be advertised by any agency, but to actually follow through requires a real level of trust and commitment.“
-Mehran Azma, Senior Designer
More FINE Details
Our Hiring Process
Our business may be small, but we think hiring’s a big deal. So we take a very thorough approach to finding the right fit for both our company and for each human who comes to work here. Our process includes several interviews, an analysis of your career history, and in-depth reference checks. We respect your time and appreciate your participation in our mutual goal to help you find the ideal position for your skills and strengths.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
If you feel you are up for our in-depth hiring process and feel you can contribute to a dynamic, growing company, please begin your application below. Phone calls and emails are not accepted. Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.