Digital Marketing Copywriter
Portland, remote within the US
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick ads, flashy sites, and clever taglines. More and more, companies depend on what we do to lead their business direction. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it, from operations and experience all the way through marketing. We're not just luring clicks—we're helping brands connect with audiences and build community, driving impact for businesses and for people.
As our Digital Marketing Copywriter, you’ll work in collaboration with social media strategists, graphic designers, and team members to craft compelling, engaging content for FINE and our clients. What you write will span the spectrum of digital marketing content, from social media captions and display ads to emails and blog posts. How you write, on the other hand, will be remarkably consistent, reflecting an unrelenting commitment to quality and a command of brand voice.
- Consistently produce high-quality content to drive awareness and results for ongoing marketing projects and integrated campaigns that aligns with the brand messaging and guidelines.
- Write compelling, audience-focused short-form and long-form copy for a variety of channels, such as paid media, social media, email campaigns, blog posts, and content marketing.
- Collaborate with strategists, designers, producers, and client teams to develop methods to nurture and convert audiences, refining strategies based on metrics and other insights.
- Write in a range of tones, including conversational, thought leadership, and informational/instructional.
- Edit and proofread graphics, strategy and reporting decks, and SEO content.
- Stay current on best content practices and trends for integrated campaigns, growth marketing, and client industries, researching and documenting findings for knowledge sharing.
- Identify and share new opportunities for adding value to deliverables, working with strategists and team leads in a spirit of continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of agency copywriting experience
- An understanding of digital content best practices, including optimization, A/B testing, and content marketing
- Samples of compelling work that demonstrate the capacity to create consistent, high-quality content across channels, platforms, and campaigns
- Strong attention to detail and command of the nuances of the English language
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver on multiple concurrent, and shifting priorities
- Currently residing in and authorized to work in the United States
FINE is a brand agency. But for us, branding has moved far beyond slick logos, flashy sites, and clever campaigns. It’s a deep process of building value, based on values. It starts with the core reason a company exists, then permeates everything you do about it. Brand-Led Business Building™ helps us engineer companies (including our own) by aligning Vision, Operations, Expression, and Traction to create the kind of business people today truly buy into.
Since 1994, we’ve earned hundreds of awards and worked with countless clients to help define businesses using brand as our lens. Our work and our people have been featured in Communication Arts, Graphis, HOW, Fast Co., Adweek, CMO.com, AdAge, and many others. We’re proud to have helped friends across industries, from pioneering hospitality brands to innovators and nonprofits of all shapes and sizes.
We’re whole human beings here at FINE, and we’ve designed our benefits offerings to support our team in a whole range of human things. Things like:
- A selection of robust health plans (medical, dental, and vision) to choose from, with option for 100% employer-paid coverage
- Vacation, sick time, company paid holidays, and our annual holiday close
- A paid sabbatical after five years of service
- A 401(k) plan combined with a discretionary company contribution, driven by company performance
- Professional development to keep you growing
- Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Friendly atmosphere and culture
More FINE Details
Equal Opportunity Employment
We believe in this big-time. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. FINE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Please begin your application below. A resume, cover letter, and portfolio/samples of work are required to be considered.
Candidates from Recruiters will not be accepted.
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence regarding your application.